Wątki bez odpowiedzi | Aktywne wątki Teraz jest N kwi 28, 2024 1:21 am

Cytat na dziś 
Autor Wiadomość
Milczek
Milczek

wyznanie: nie chcę podawać
Odpowiedz z cytatem
Post Cytat na dziś
Zapraszam do wrzucania tutaj złotych myśli, cytatów, zdań, które Was zainspirowały...

Wt lut 04, 2014 12:17 am
Zobacz profil WWW
Niesamowity Gaduła
Niesamowity Gaduła

wyznanie: nie chcę podawać
Odpowiedz z cytatem
Post Re: Cytat na dziś
Widze, ze nielatwo zainspirowac ludzi na forum... :P

Moyers & Company z 17 stycznia.
O kompatybilnosci wiary i nauki.
Neil deGrasse Tyson napisał(a):
Well, so let me say that differently. All efforts that have been invested by brilliant people of the past have failed at that exercise. They just fail. And so I don’t, the track record is so poor that going forward, I have essentially zero confidence, near zero confidence, that there will be fruitful things to emerge from the effort to reconcile them. So, for example, if you knew nothing about science, and you read, say, the Bible, the Old Testament, which in Genesis, is an account of nature, that’s what that is, and I said to you, give me your description of the natural world based only on this, you would say the world was created in six days, and that stars are just little points of light much lesser than the sun. And that in fact, they can fall out of the sky, right, because that’s what happens during the Revelation.
You know, one of the signs that the second coming, is that the stars will fall out of the sky and land on Earth. To even write that means you don’t know what those things are. You have no concept of what the actual universe is. So everybody who tried to make proclamations about the physical universe based on Bible passages got the wrong answer.
So what happened was, when science discovers things, and you want to stay religious, or you want to continue to believe that the Bible is unerring, what you would do is you would say, “Well, let me go back to the Bible and reinterpret it.” Then you’d say things like, “Oh, well they didn’t really mean that literally. They meant that figuratively.”
So, this whole sort of reinterpretation of the, how figurative the poetic passages of the Bible are came after science showed that this is not how things unfolded. And so the educated religious people are perfectly fine with that. It’s the fundamentalists who want to say that the Bible is the literally, literal truth of God, that and want to see the Bible as a science textbook, who are knocking on the science doors of the schools, trying to put that content in the science room. Enlightened religious people are not behaving that way. So saying that science is cool, we’re good with that, and use the Bible for, to get your spiritual enlightenment and your emotional fulfillment.

Wt lut 04, 2014 4:26 pm
Zobacz profil WWW
Dyskutant
Dyskutant

wyznanie: katolik
Odpowiedz z cytatem
Post Re: Cytat na dziś
Nie jest to cytat, złota myśl, ani sentencja która jest bardzo motywująca lub wskazująca cel w życiu, ale uważam ją za niezwykle trafną i autentyczną

"Кто не рискует, тот не пьет шампанское" w tłumaczeniu

Kto nie ryzykuje, ten nie pije szampana

Wt lut 04, 2014 6:41 pm